Providing inexpensive ways for children's ministers to integrate technology into their ministry.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

IconizeMe

I am a fan of the old TechTV shows 'Call for Help' and 'The ScreenSavers'. They were total geek shows. Their company was bought out and eventually everyone got sacked. About a year ago some of them started a podcast. The podcast was basically the same as their old shows, but without the demonstrations. It was pretty cool. On their site ( http://twit.tv ), they have basically a blog like this with comments. I noticed that the head twit, Leo Laporte, had a cool cartoon-like graphic of himself for his profile icon. Later on another podcast (http://commandn.tv, similar geek thing) they did a spot about a site called IconizeMe ( http://www.iconizeme.com ). This site did exactly what I was looking for. They take a photo and make what amounts to a caricature-like image for use as an icon or blog profile picture, etc. They charge $40. Other sites offer a similar service. You just need to like the way a particular artist does their pictures. You could do a similar thing using Photoshop, but a hand drawn version is really nice. What better imaging for a kid than a cartoon image. I had them do one of my wife, the CM, and combined it with her logo from LogoBee. I have them working on one for me also. You'll see it here on my blog when its complete.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is pretty cool. Thanks for the link.

7:44 AM

 
Blogger nairb said...

Looks like you!

1:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home