Providing inexpensive ways for children's ministers to integrate technology into their ministry.

Friday, February 10, 2006

Microsoft Photo Story

Soon after I started this blog I got a tip from my sister (goddess of knowledge, college homework helper, guidance coucilor, coding genius, bigger nerd than me). She told me about Photo Story. I wanted to wait until I gave it a try before posting anything on it. Today I downloaded it (5MB). I grabbed a bunch of pictures from a recent lock-in and added to the project, selected a track of music and hit finish. All told including the download, it took about 20 minutes total. The actual rendering (making the movie in its final form) of this this two minute movie took just under one minute. I am impressed.

I highly recommend this to Children's Ministers. I know you have little time. You probably have lots of pictures and there is nothing better than the kids to let other know about your ministry. This is quick and will make YOU look like the genius.

There various options won't get in the way of a novice. On the other hand you can do a fair bit of customizing if you choose. The program will, if you want, correct for contrast, color and red eye. You can add captions, change the transitions, change the time a picture is displayed and narrate. You can output to many different formats depending on what you want to do. Give it a try!

Download it FREE from Microsoft:
Photo Story 3

Papa John's Movie Maker and Photo Story Site:
http://www.papajohn.org/PS3-Intro.html

My sample movie:
subZone Lock-in

2 Comments:

Blogger nairb said...

She felt the original version lacked something. I thought if I am to continue to ride her coat-tales in the future I'd better improve her description.

1:52 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's the matter Jen? Don't you think it is valid?

;-)

TGOK

6:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home